Chinese-American Engineers and Scientists Association of Southern California
You are here
Second LEAP Career Development Conference
CalTech, Pasadena, CA
Friday, November 1, 2013 - 09:00 to 17:30
Call-for-Participation the Second LEAP Career Development Conference on 11/2 in Caltech
We are proud to announce that the second LEAP (Leadership, Excellence, Aspiration, and Platform) Career Development Conference (LEAP 2.0) will take place on Saturday November 2, 2013 at Caltech and is now open for registration.
LEAP (www.leapcareer.org) is a career development forum launched in early 2013 by CESASC and SWCSSA to provide a trustworthy and sustained platform for career development and growth of Chinese Americans throughout their professional lives.
Co-organized by CESASC, SWCSSA, SABPA, and CaltechC, the theme of LEAP 2.0 is Lead Your Career Forward in Science and Engineering. The full-day program (9:00am – 5:30pm) will feature a full-range of career-related activities:
• Keynote speeches by world-renowned researchers, educators, and entrepreneurs Drs. Alice Huang and Diane Tang-Liu on leadership development and pursuit in
excellence in science and technology disciplines
• Presentations and panel discussion by distinguished speakers on how to build up a successful career with a science and engineering background
• Panel discussion by postdoctoral fellows from Caltech and City of Hope and a group of promising undergraduate/graduate students who have interned in top-notch companies such as Apple, Google, JPL, Broadcom, Amgen, DuPont, McKinsey, etc.
• Presentation and hands-on workshop on job hunting skills by HR experts and experienced recruiters
• Career fair with over 30 job openings in a wide range of disciplines including science, engineering, business, and education, and various locations including US, China, Hong Kong, and Japan.
LEAP 2.0 will provide attendees with a common forum to develop excellent leadership skills, mentor optimal career planning, open up wide employment opportunities, improve much-needed job hunting skills, enrich professional knowledge, network with successful role models, and mingle with peers.
Early-bird registration fee by October 25th is $25.00 and allows the full access to all events. The space is limited so please act up as soon as possible.