南加州中華科工學會邀請6 至12 年級中學生參加2014 年“可以改善人類生活的未來技術”徵文比賽。這個比賽分兩組,第一組包括 6 至8 年級學生, 第二組包括 9 至12 年級學生。這個比賽的目的是讓孩子們發展自己在科學，技術，工程，數學（STEM）的興趣，並提高寫作和表達能力。學生可以選擇任何影響人類生活（如每天需要哮喘/糖尿病藥物的朋友或親戚）的技術（如衛生的對話性工具或環保車輛）。參賽作品必須以電子方式提交到cesasc.firstname.lastname@example.org。正式報名表可点此下載。
(2) 一個400-500 字的文章，描述它是如何工作以及它如何可能有助於改善人 類生活。
(3) 一個技術說明圖 。為清楚起見，應標示清楚。
•第1 名 - $ 500 及獎杯一座
•第2 名 - $ 250 元及獎杯一座
•第3 名 - $ 100 及獎杯一座
2013 年12 月15 號 - 比賽開始
2014 年3 月1 日 - 提交截止日期
2014 年3 月15 日 - 獲獎通知和公告
2014 年4 月19 日- 得獎作品演示和公共頒獎典禮
2014 CESASC Student STEM Essay Contest
"Future Technology That Can Improve Human Life”
The Chinese-American Engineers and Scientists Association of Southern California (CESASC) invites 6th to 12th grade students to participate in the 2014 "Future Technology That Can Improve Human Life" essay competition. The competition is divided into two groups; Group one is for 6th to 8th grade students and Group two covers from 9th to 12th grade students.
This contest is intended for kids to develop their interests in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and to bring together writing and expression skills from the mind of the youngster in view of a future technology. A student may choose any technology (such as health dialogistic instruments or environmentally friendly vehicles) that impact human life (such as friends or relatives who need asthma/diabetic medication on a daily basis).
2. Who Can Enter
The contest is open to all 6th to 12th grade students who are currently registered in a U.S. school.
3. How to Enter
Entry must be submitted electronically in MS Words or Adobe pdf format to CESASC.email@example.com. A scanned copy of the signed Official Entry Form must accompany all electronic submissions. Please put “2014 ESFT Contest” in the subject line. The Official Entry Form is available online here.
4. Contest Rules
Each submission that is entered into the contest must meet the following contest rules:
1. Entries must be the original and unpublished work of the student entering the contest.
2. Entries must be typed and in English.
3. The essay must consist of three parts:
a. Name of the technology
b. A 400-500 words essay that describes how it works and how it may contribute to improvement of human life.
c. A drawing that illustrates what the technology looks like. It should be labeled clearly for clarity.
4. Each student can submit only one entry.
5. No substitutions of new versions of a submission will be accepted once the original submission is submitted for consideration.
6. A complete Official Entry Form must be submitted with the essay.
7. All entries must be received by the submission deadline.
8. Submission of an entry constitutes consent to the use of the entrant’s name and/ or photograph, including posting on the CESASC website without compensation.
5. Winner Selection and Prizes
All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of scientists, engineers, and educators, based on the following criteria: (1) originality of idea; (2) originality and creative quality of essay; (3) clarity of the presentation; (4) writing ability and content; (5) significance of technology; and (6) relevance to the topic “Future Technology That Can Improve Human Life.”
Each group awards include the following prizes:
• 1st place - $500 and a trophy
• 2nd place - $250 and a trophy
• 3rd place - $100 and a trophy
Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone using the contact information provided in the Official Entry Form at the time of entry. Winners’ names will be announced publically through update to the CESASC website and social media accounts. Winners and their families will be invited to present their winning entries and receive the prizes at the CESASC 52nd Annual Convention and Technical Symposium on April 19, 2014 at Hilton San Gabriel.
6. Important Dates and Deadlines
December 15, 2013 – Start of Contest
March 1, 2014 – Submission Deadline
March 15, 2014 – Winners Notified and Announced
April 19, 2014 – Winning Entries Presentation and Public Award Ceremony
For more information, please contact Mr. Yiu Man So at firstname.lastname@example.org.